Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Wanderers


Nine months ago, my cousin - I call her “Ci Sese” asked me if I had wanted to travel to China with her on 2017 Summer holiday. Just two of us. After considering for about a week, I nod to her. Then we started to search some flight tickets, and made the itinerary. I did some searchings about tourist attractions in China through internet, made some considerations and selections adjusting to our tight budget and time. We prepared our travel plans for couple of months. It would be a long trip so that we had had to make sure everything was well prepared right before we go.

I started to made saving for this trip few months before. We bought international flight tickets in advance, and then some domestic flight tickets months later. We purchased the tickets gradually so we didn’t have to spend big amount of money in the same time. We made budget for flight and train tickets, accomodations, attractions, foods, local transportations, and shopping; and find ways to make it as frugal as possible.

We had decided to go to 6 cities all in different provinces. Starting from south China to east then to the west of China. They're Guangzhou, Shanghai, Hangzhou (1 day trip), Nanjing, Chengdu, and Kunming.

This was the 3rd time i set my foot in China. The first time was in 2012 with my family, the second time was in 2015 when i joined summer camp in Beijing, and 2 years later I finally came back to this country. Then I wondered, why China? Why I always found myself back to this place. To be honest, I had no special interest with places in China, moreover I didn’t really like the crowded (as China is a sea of people). However, I had been always curious about China, about its civilization, its technology advance (especially after recognizing that famous company Alibaba), and even more about the development of this big country.

I hoped to find some new cool things there during the trip. Yea...

No comments:

Post a Comment