Thursday, May 30, 2013

Boarding House VS Home

Hello all boarding house residents!! ;)
I think most of you will agree with me that boarding house is kinda different with own house, won't you? Today I'd like to compare some differences between living in boarding house and living in home. The idea to make this post comes from my own experience as one of boarding house residents. Hmm actually I have no idea from where I have to start it, I'll try to compare it clearly so you can get my points.

In the beginning, I felt it's a good chance to live alone in boarding house, far from my parents and home. I started my life here without having anything inside my boarding house. After buying everything by myself to fulfill my needs here, the life began...


What differentiates so sharp between living in boarding house and home is about the way of getting food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I haven't realized this before. When I lived in home, food would always be available on the dining table. I never felt hungry for few hours. While in boarding house, I have to think about "what to eat" by myself. I think about it everydat. Sometimes I get bored with same food I eat everyday. The most often foods I eat here are fried rice and ayam penyet -__- Luckily I rarely choose to eat indomie because I was lazy enough to boil the noodles haha. I do miss my mom's cooking. Nothing can replace the taste of home-made food. Every time I planned to go home, I have had my own food list to be eaten when I was home. I love eating, food is one of the important things in my life.
Actually, not only about the food but also about the people I eat with. I often eat alone here. I miss the togetherness my family made when we have dinner. My family loves culinary. We used to go some restaurants or cafes to taste various cuisines and desserts at night.

Second is about the family members. Actually, I enjoy the time when I was alone at my room. I mean when I’m alone I can study, do assignments, read books without any noises. I can be more focus for what I want to do. For me, alone doesn’t always mean lonely. But in a certain time, I really need the presence of my family members (My Dad, Mom, and my brother). When I felt sad, I came home and got my family. They gave me warmth and happiness. They made me feel worth. When I was sick in boarding house, nobody will take care of me as my mom takes care of me at home. Mom’s care is the best cure. Those comfortable feelings are irreplaceable. I’ll never get it at anywhere except at my home. Yes, it’s only provided at home, when I was surrounded by my family. 

There are many other things to be compared actually. But those two things above are the most different between boarding house and home. Hmm sometimes I think it’s better living in boarding house because I can be more independent. I can do my activities more freely without have to be controlled by my parents often times. I don’t need to listen their advices over and over. On the other hand, I feel afraid to live alone, living far from them. I feel insecure and often worry. But whatever it is, good or bad, this was my decision from the beginning. I never feel regret for being here although I have to face the difficulty of life. I've learned so many things I never got when I was at home. Because of being here, I can feel closer to God. Because of being far from my family, I can more appreciate their presence. When my parents are not here, I rely on God. Now I don’t need to feel worry, insecure, or afraid for living alone. I am not alone literally. He always be with me.

Even though there's no place as good as home, now I've been really enjoyed living in the boarding house. I have been here for about 10 months so I've adapted well. Though my real home isn’t here but I have the representation of home, such as my church. Those people make me feel like home.

By the way, I’ll be home soon after final exam. I can’t wait to go homeee!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment